Historic Campus refers to the original 89 acres of the Sisters of St. Francis and does not include the Convent Park Apartments or Lourdes Commons.
Commercial transactions, commercial solicitation or distribution of advertising (including but not limited to product samples, coupons and flyers) on campus is prohibited without the approval of Lourdes University, the Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania Franciscan Ministries or the Franciscan Village:
Sisters of St. Francis
Sr. Rachel Nijakowski, OSF
SYLVANIA FRANCISCAN VILLAGE HISTORIC CAMPUS GUIDELINES
The original 89 acres, known at the Historic Campus of the Sylvania Franciscan Village, is the home of the Sylvania Franciscan Sisters and a place of spiritual reflection graced with shrines, chapels and a cemetery. The retired sisters and residents often walk the campus or are out in wheelchairs or scooters. The Sisters share their home with Lourdes University. In this intergenerational space, caution when driving or biking, respect for the sacred spaces, for the sisters’ living areas and for the entire campus is expected and appreciated.
- Walking the wooded paths and trails is permitted dawn to dusk.
- Bicycles are permitted on campus dawn to dusk, but not on dirt paths and trails or in the area behind Greccio House and Rosary Care Center. Please be aware of the Rosary Care residents and
- Others who may be out walking the campus. To assure the safety of everyone, skateboards and rollerblades and speed bikes are prohibited.
- Recycling and energy conservation are a priority. Please dispose of your litter appropriately.
- Photography on the grounds and exterior of the facilities is permitted. Photography of the interior of buildings needs the permission of the person in charge of that facility. Commercial and political signs are prohibited.
- Drones may only be used on campus with the permission of the Director of Communication for the Sisters of St. Francis or the Director of Marketing & Communications for Lourdes University.
- For the health and wellness of all, the campus is a smoke-free environment, including e-cigarettes. All use of tobacco is prohibited.
- Weapons are contrary to our Franciscan value of peace and are prohibited.
- In general, pets are prohibited. The exception is dogs on a leash with proper removal of waste disposal.
- Alcohol use, apart from an approved event and private residences, is prohibited. Underage consumption of alcohol is always prohibited.
- Weddings are not permitted on the campus grounds or in any building including Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel and the Portiuncula.
- Emergencies: In case of an emergency, call #911 and then call Security at #411 from any campus phone. If not using a campus phone, call 419-574-3861.
Scheduling of facilities and the campus is handled by:
- Requests for LU and FC – Tyler Burg (email@example.com)
- Sisters’ facilities, Regina Conference Rm – Linda Stout (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Queen of Peace Chapel – Sr. Barbara Vano (email@example.com)
- Rosary Care Center – Lois Szabo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The person(s) planning non-routine events or events involving 50 or more cars, especially those occurring on weekends or evenings, is responsible to notify:
- The Welcome Center (419-885-3211)
- Security (419-517-8953; BTucker2@boundary.reviewsdojames.com)
For Sisters’ facilities and Regina Conference Room, separate work orders for set-up and take- down should be submitted five days prior to the event by the person(s) planning the event.
The scheduler should be informed if an event is cancelled or a tentative date not needed.
- Guidelines for External Groups Using the Campus
All groups and individuals must reflect Catholic and Franciscan values.
- No structural changes may be made to the grounds; e.g. closing entrances. External activities should not impede access to other campus activities.
- The grounds must be left clean.
- Where appropriate, reverence and quiet should be maintained.